Best advice.........down load the K3S manual from the Elecraft website.   You'll need to read it 3 or 4 times before you get the radio.  It has info about all the connections, front panel and rear panel.   And will familiarize you with the menus and controls.    It is easy to understand and only 90 pages including a GOOD index.

Otherwise like many hams........get the radio, connect a bunch of wires, cram connectors in places which they look like they fit, turn it on, turn lots of knobs, push lots of buttons, change things and.........wonder what in the heck they did to make it stop working.

73

Bob, K4TAX

Bill as my K3S has not arrived yet I’m wondering which cable as I’m not sure
what type of jack the K3S mic-in is..

- Heil HSTA KM For Kenwood modular?
- or Heil HSTA K8 For Kenwood 8 pin?

Much appreciated.