I have been trying for several months to get WAN to work properly on my
KPA1500.  Numerous contacts with Elecraft support have not yielded any
solutions.
Even with the Amplifier left ON, the remote software will not connect properly
on WAN.

There is some discussion that WOL (wake up lan) is the problem.  I know routers
were never designed to pass WOL.  Again, even if I leave my amp ON, it still
doesn’t connect.

My solution, thus far is to use Team Viewer with on a dedicated computer and
connect via USB.  Team Viewer is much more stable and easier the Remote Desktop.

I am very disappointed this expensive amplifier doesn’t work as advertised…..
Burl ,  AJ9Q