It works great for me, Burl. Please see my reply just moments ago to
another frustrated KPA1500 Remote user. The key might be port forwarding
which varies with router model and version and can be tricky. I connect the
radio site KPA1500 Remote instance using a USB-to-Serial adapter to the DB9
on the amp rather than the LAN interface. I don't need Wake on LAN in this
setup. When I launch the radio site instance of KPA1500 Remote and do Start
Hosting Remote, it always turns the amp on. If I'm just setting up the
server computer and don't want the amp right away, I just click the POWER
button to turn it off. When I start the control site instance and do
Connect, it connects to the radio site instance and does *not* power on the
amp until I click POWER. I live happily with this little inconsistency.

Yes, one can use a remote desktop facility like Teamviewer to control the
radio site instance of KPA1500 Remote. I did this using Chrome Remote
Desktop with KPA1500 Utility before KPA1500 Remote became available. But
it's not optimal because you have to size and position your remote desktop
window with the KPA1500 Remote window properly positioned and sized inside
that. It's awkward. Keep working on KPA1500 Remote and get it working in
its intended client/server configuration. It's "easy once you have it
working" and well worth the effort.

GL & 73,

/Rick N6XI
--