From: Peter Dougherty <li...@w2irt.net>
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2019 1:33 AM
To: 'elecraft@mailman.qth.net' <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] 80m KPA1500 High reflected power problems **SOLVED!**

Hi folks,
FOUND THE PROBLEM....Maybe??

I have a 30 foot vertical ground-plane style antenna that I use for diversity
RX on 40 and 80, which was connected to the AUX antenna port. This was being
overloaded by the QRO power from the TX antenna feedpoints just a few feet
laterally and 40-50' higher vertically. As soon as I disconnected this antenna
the problem went away.

NOTE that the problem only occurred on the lower CW portions of both 80 *and
40*, as I found out tonight. In the SSB sections, even on CW transmit, there
were no problems. But as I said, disconnecting the diversity AUX antenna solved
the High SWR amp fault.

So now, the big question, is there some form of filtering within the K3s to
disable receive on the AUX line during transmit, or do I have to look into a
second "front end protector" device as I have on my K9AY loop connected to the
RX IN port. Or perhaps some other valid solution?

At least I'm glad I finally have full operation back on 40 and 80!

 - pjd