Could only the front panel partially replaced with large colour screen? One could play computer games (attract the grandchildren), others watch IPTV when the bands are dead and finally the HAMs could control the current radio. There may be more than one option. Personally I like the mono display, easy to read, large characters. The 5"x4" central face could be the screen, easy readability is important in high lighting. Is it feasible economically? One thing is very important no gimmick just functionality. Current radios are fantastic, no need more for me, I am happy with K3.

73, Istvan HA4ZD