From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of d...@elecraft.com
Sent: Saturday, April 6, 2019 4:36 PM
To: 'wmbrian' <bde...@gmail.com>; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KAT500 SWR LED Doesn't Light with 1.0/1 SWR

Brian:

Your KAT500 low order SWR LED, labeled "1.2", is illuminated when there is a
little bit of forward power and an SWR of 1.2:1  or higher is computed.  If the
SWR is under 1.2:1, then no KAT500 SWR LEDs are illuminated. Even 500 watts of
RF with little or no reflected power shouldn't light any KAT500 SWR LEDs.  The
KPA500 (and KPA1500) have an SWR bar LED for 1.0.  The KAT500's first SWR LED
is 1.2.

Fred's book is correct; your KAT500 performs an SWR calculation whether or not
the ATU is bypassed. That result can be displayed with the KAT500 Utility
Operate page, or any other program that can send a command to the
KAT500 to read its SWR. If SWR is 1.2:1 or higher, then it's also displayed on
KAT500 SWR LEDs.

73 de Dick, K6KR