Just to close this out it turns out that the incorrect setting I had was
XV2(Adr) = trn1.

Per Elecraft support I should have selected XV2(Adr) = int.trn0

The correct settings (which are different than configuring a K3) are;

XV2 (on) = Yes
XV2 (RF) = 1296
XV2 (IF) = 50
XV2 (Pwr) = 3.0
XV2 (OFS) = 0
XV2 (Adr) = int.trn0

Now works!!

Thanks to everyone that offered up suggestions.

Paul
W6PNG/M0SNA