> Gary Smith <g...@ka1j.com> wrote:
>
> At this time there are no nearby hams to
> disrupt my K3s. There are no local AM
> broadcasters that come in as overload. I
> do have issues with a few 2nd harmonic
> stations from the BC band, one for example
> from S. America on 1.8400. I won't likely
> be using my K4 at a contest site and I am
> the only ham in the house.
>
> With that, is there anything the K4HD
> offers me Rx-wise, or otherwise, that the
> K4D does not?

There are some subtleties in noise blanking that may distinguish the two modes
(direct sampling or superhet). The blanking used in direct-sampling should have
an advantage on complex, high-duty-cycle noise sources, while the hardware
blanking modules used in the superhet may have an advantage with extremely
short pulse sources. We'll be extensively testing and comparing them.

73,
Wayne
N6KR