Noise blankers were designed for repetitive impulse noise, the largest former example of which was ignition noise from vehicles.  They have not ever been very effective against power line hash which tends to be non-impulsive and highly random.  These days, repetitive ignition noise is not a problem for many, don't know why, there are still spark plugs in there. Power line hash comes from a myriad of sources ... hardware anchoring insulators, transformers, fuses, and the like, as well as micro arcing across dust covered insulators.  It's highly random, over even small time intervals, and just not the enemy noise blankers were designed to fight.  If Wayne had graduated from Hogwarts, he might have some magic to make them work on power line hash.  Lacking that, not sure.

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County