Peter,

You can get significantly more key-down time or run more FT8 power if you
install our Kx22 heatsink:
(https://proaudioeng.com/pae-kx22-heatsink-elecraft-kx2/).  With the heatsink
installed the rig still fits all of the cases Elecraft sells for the KX2.
Running 5 watts FT8 is usually productive, but this past weekend here in NC our
propagation was terrible for FD, seemingly worse that that for the west coast...

Cheers & 73,
Howie / WA4PSC

Peter West wrote:
I was forced to run QRP (which isn't an issue as I am primarily a QRP contester anyway) as anything over 5 watts caused the rig to
overheat to the point of automatically reducing power to 5 watts.