This would seem to be "from the horse's mouth"
Sorry about the formatting as copied from the PDF file - George, W3HBM

From: http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Field-Day/2019/2019-FD-FAQ-RevA.pdf

Q.  We don’t have an area club, but we do have a small group of area hams
  (generally two or three of us get together for
operating events).  I have a l
arge
-deep
  property, and w
e will be setting up in my back yard.
What Class would we be
?
Class A, Class B or ?
A. Convenient access across one’s backyard to their home station
facilities is not in keeping with the spirit of Class A or C
lass B
portable operations. Such convenient backyard operations on property of
home stations remain either Class D (commercial power)
or Class E (emergency power), even if home antenna structures are not
used. If the station will be a ‘good hike’ away from a hom
station (
eg, at the rear of a several acre lot, or perhaps operating from a
farmers field down the road) -
  clearly away from home
conveniences (away from home utilities, or home restrooms/bedrooms, or
even eating
  facilities/refrigerator/kitchen)
- then Class A
(3 or more pers
ons portable) or Class B (1 or 2 person portable) is appropriate.