Bill KA3IXF wrote on Sunday, June 11, 2006 2:00 PM

Not sure if you can apply this to your application, but I designed the KA3IXF Apartment Antenna, which will be appearing in a upcoming QST Article within the next couple of months. The >folks at MFJ and B/W are also looking at it for possible commercial retail application. It is no more than one or two long cardboard tubes wrapped up in electrical tape. You then make or buy a >limited space 10 - 40m G5RV and place the feedline in the middle of the tube and then wrap the ends around the tube, leaving about a inch or so between each turn. It looks sort of like a slinky >antenna. Then you again wrap the whole thing in electrical tape. I have it sitting outside my apartment on the window sill. With my K2/100, I work DX on a regular basis, on 20m CW. If you >can get up to the top floor and place this on a window sill this works well with the K2.

Good Luck,
Bill KA3IXF

Hi Bill,

When camping or during Field Day it should be possible to use two of your gizmos to make a short boom yagi or phased array. My first 40m beam in VE2 land had 22ft lengths of bamboo on which the normal mode helices were wound - worked like a charm once tuned.

Good luck with the commercial folk.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD