> On July 20, 2019 at 11:13 AM Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcg...@blomand.net> wrote:
>

> I would first reboot the computer a couple of times.  Then go to the
> Windows Update application and run it.  Take all the defaults and let it
> "do its thing".    A failed update will leave lots of fragments and crap
> in the computer.
>
> Also I suggest, as I do, run an application that gets rid of trash,
> broken links, and such.  And that same application has the ability to
> clean the computer Registry.  Usually there is lots of "crap" left over
> from updates, software installs, and software uninstalls.   My
> application is the paid  version but you can use the FREE version of
> CCLEANER for this activity.

My only gripe about that procedure (which I use for that same purpose) is that
it deletes all the cookies whether I tell it to do so or not. The result is
that when I log into my bank on-line, they go through the "we will send you a
security code" verification procedure because it can't find the now-deleted
cookie.  I guess that we can't have everything.....

73 de K2ASOP  Phil Kane
Sent by remote log-in