The part of operating the KX3 I like the least is switching between SSB and digital. I have to change the mic and headphones out and connect the sound card. On my K3, I just change the mode switch. Having an internal sound card would probably eliminate this hassle.

I like the KX2 form factor. For this kind of radio, small is good. It would be nice to support all the bands the KX3 supports -- 160, 6, and 2 meters. 160M support could be through a small external box, since pedestrian mobile on 160 doesn't seem likely. For ARES/RACES use, 70 cm would be needed.

73 Bill AE6JV