I currently often use my KX2 with a QRPworks SideKar Plus and type on a 2.4 GHz
qwerty keyboard.  My wishlist would include the ability to either plug in a USB
keyboard or use a Bluetooth qwerty keyboard for text input directly to the
radio.  Also, i would love a more versatile radio display which would be at
least have the additional capability of displaying a single long horizontal
scrolling [high resolution] line of text across the full width of the bottom
edge of the radio display (instead of sequestering the VFO B display to reveal
a whole seven characters of scrolling text)

I can think of a slew of other features; but bundling the functionality of the
SideKar into the radio would be a wonderful thing

Cheers  es 73  de KX2CW  ..
~joan

P.S: i enjoy not dragging along a laptop for radio camping (although this habit
currently limits me to the current suite of text modes bundled into the
Elecraft firmware, i.e. PSK, FSK [RiTTY], and CW).  I wonder what other modes
might be feasible to bundle into the radio’s own firmware.

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra, said Piglet.
Shaka, when the walls fell, said Pooh.