Except for my 6M yagi, all of my antennas are non-resonant antennas.   My favorite is the 256 ft center fed wire {resonant at 1.825 MHz}  with a balanced feed.  The  balanced feed runs from the feed-point on the antenna all the way to the hybrid Guanella 4:1 balun that sits on the shelf just above the KAT500.  The coax jumper from the balun to the KAT500 is about 12" in length.   Thus the balanced line comes in all the way to the operating position.    This configuration will work all bands,  160M - 6M with ease. And there are NO RFI issues with the KPA500 and the KAT-500 at 500 watts.

I find most hams cut an antenna length by formula, leave a few inches to trim, and then trim for best SWR.   This does not make a resonant antenna.    A resonant antenna is resonant depending on its electrical length based on frequency.   SWR and Impedance should be addressed by means than trimming the length.   Height above ground affects impedance.

73

Bob, K4TAX