We used K3S radios at a Field Day site.  Operated 2 radios on the same band with antennas less than 50 yards apart.  No issues. Just be sure you use the ATTN and set the RF Gain correctly <<<Very important,  and make sure the AGC parameters are not contributing to your issue.  Also, don't use the NB and maybe only a little bit of NR.  The radio is really bullet proof in these regards.

As to the K4 the K4HD model is the top end for selectivity.

Now if your ham neighbor has a radio that is producing crap, {which many are, See the Sherwood article in Nov QST}  wide band noise, and splatter, nothing but the power switch will cure the issue as the objectionable signal is in the Pass Band of the receiver.   Just remember, no amount of filtering or selectivity will eliminate a signal in the passband.

73

Bob, K4TAX