From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Peter Dougherty
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 8:20 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] NCC-2 noise canceller with K3s?

Hi all,
I'm looking at replacing my finicky MFJ-1026 with a DX Engineering NCC-2
this season but I have a couple of questions for anybody here who's got one.

At the moment I have one TX antenna for 160 (inverted-L), one TX antenna for
80 (inverted vee), a K9AY RX loop for both and an AUX vertical antenna, fed
with RG-6 and split two ways (half to the K3s AUX port, half to the MFJ-1026
sense antenna port). Both TX antennas run come off a remote Ameritron RCS-12
antenna switch, which also switches my 40-through-10 Yagis. Running QRO with
a KPA-1500.

Before I spend $800 on this box, I've got to ask if my present antenna
configuration will work even somewhat effectively through the NCC-2. I'm on
a quarter-acre city lot and very fortunate to have the antennas I have. No
room for Beverages or a distant tower for a Waller Flag, etc. I've got high
levels of electrical noise from the industrial park less than a quarter mile
away, and likely from multiple sources therein, plus nearby homes' wall
warts, etc. In other words, I don't think it's one specific noise source
that's raising the noise floor to S9+10, but I'm looking for any way to
improve S/N on Topband and 80.

So with the K3s and KPA-1500, then antennas as described, is there any
reasonable way to connect this up and if yes, should I expect a noticeable
improvement?

73 and Good DX
Peter, W2IRT

President, North Jersey DX Association

DXCC Card Checker
Letter O Manager, ARRL Incoming 2nd District QSL bureau

delivered to h...@optilink.us