."So with the K3s and KPA-1500, then antennas as described, is there any

reasonable way to connect this up and if yes, should I expect a noticeable

improvement?"

Have you tried the current antenna setup with the 1026..?  Did it perform at
all?  If not, what were the perceived shortcomings?

'Conceptually,' I don't see a difference if a) you've tired the various
combos with the 1026, and b) you are making no other antenna changes.  Yes,
I'd except better performance from the NCC-2.  'Less finicky'.can't say.
Finding nulls among a variety of noises can be tricky.  With broadband
noise, it can sometimes be effective to Peak the overall noise and invert it
instead of seeking a null.  Working or not, I can't see that you'd need any
changes to insert the NCC-2 short of changes to the antenna system.

I run a 1026 with a pair of 40 meter inverted vees.  Until two weeks ago,
they shared a common apex (but not feed point) and were orthogonal to each
other.  They were reversible as well.TX/RX with either.  Local noise has
been low here recently, but there were usually somewhat effective when there
was noise.  As well, I can use a mix of other antennas, but most of my
recent activity has been on 40 meters.  The setup seems to make little
difference with atmospheric noise.  Often there seems to be little I can do
to diminish that noise.

I've now moved one inverted vee a quarter wavelength away from the other and
still orthogonal.  One vee still needs some pruning or other, but the
listening from Kentucky to the western states was very good last night.
There was little noise to be canceled.

My guess is that with what you have and no changes other than the noise
canceling unit, you'll get about what you are now getting, only more so with
the NCC-2.

Dick - KA5KKT