From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Bob McGraw
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2019 12:45 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 - Power cable voltage drop

Rid your station of the DC power strip.  It will cause problems. More
connections in the path will be more DC voltage drip.  The radios should be
connected direct to the power supply.

As to the Astron SS-30M, I have 3 of those.  They are great. I did find the
provided DC connections where the wires are inserted into the blocks and
secured with a screw from the side would not accommodate the 4 needs for DC at
my station.    Therefore, I took two pieces of  2" x 10-32 brass machine screw,
cut off the head, filed a small flat spot on one side at the end to make it
slightly D shaped.   Inserted that end into the DC connector and tightened the
set screw against the flat spot. Then added as needed the brass nuts, flat
washers and lock washers, secured finally by another brass nut.   This in
effect gives me very adequate terminal length to attach as many DC power leads
with suitable ring terminals as needed.  DC resistance has therefore been
minimized.     The 10 ga wire is a good addition for radio power needs.

I also added a dedicated ground between the ground screw on the back of the
radio to the ground screw on the power supply.

73

Bob, K4TAX

delivered to tony....@verizon.net