73, doug

   From: Bill Coleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:32:03 -0400

   On Jun 20, 2006, at 1:03 AM, wayne burdick wrote:

   > Correct. Then the principle designer, N6KR, wrote:
   >
   >     We didn't have room for two connectors.

   Surely two Mini-DIN 6s or 8s would have fit. Of course, few people
   would have cables to fit a Mini-DIN 8 unless they had some unused Mac
   serial cables, or they might try to plug a mouse into a Mini-DIN 6....

   Pre-fab cables work well with Mini-DINs. Trying to make cables for
   these connectors is a nightmare. Worse than the 8-pin mic connectors
   transceivers use these days....