Hmmm ... I've always thought 70V systems were designed for PA usage where BW is somewhat limited.  Something about the transformers saturating on the hi power in the extreme bass of quality Hi-Fi/Stereo/HT systems?  Not a professional however, easily could be wrong.

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County