On 1/21/2020 12:43 PM, Grant Youngman wrote:
I once spent the better part of a day wondering why my K3 was deaf.  Discovered
that every receiver in the shack was also deaf.  Finally found that a surge
protector in the antenna chain was bad

I've also had that happen here -- a blown GDT in a protector will typically be a short circuit, so you'll see high VSWR on transmit.

Another common issue in my station is relay contacts in my system of antenna switching -- I'll sometimes need to transmit to "wet" the contacts so that they pass the RX signal.

73, Jim K9YC