On 4/7/20 at 9:16 PM, scott.sm...@gmail.com (Tox) wrote:

Suggestions for a mobile HF antenna that could sanely be attached to a Rav4 ?

I have a Little Tarheel screwdriver antenna attached to my Subaru Forester. It seems to work well, the higher frequency bands are easier to use than the low frequency ones.

I remember a SSB contact with Denmark while my wife was driving on I40 in the Mojave. He was working stations all over north and south America. It was one of my first DX contacts.

I also remember using it on 80M with a 10W K3 during CQP. I would tune the radio, and when I found a station, I'd start transmitting and tuning the antenna. Usually by the time I got my call sign out the antenna was in tune. Every contact I made said, "You're really weak, but we'll make it work." Thanks to all of them for their efforts and the Qs.

On 80M it is more of a preselector than an antenna. hihi

73 Bill AE6JV