started with a kx3 & kxpa100 to replace an icom 706. But the kx3 would not fit between the seats  on my VW..back to the 706.

 and then I picked up a kx2 the first day at dayton. IT FIT.  But wait ...it fit in the dash, even better.

At a stoplight a lady asked from adjacent car what it that thing on your roof. My little tarhill on a quick mount on my roofrack.

How far can you talk on THAT ....   how about from Walmart's parking lot to     KUWAIT.....  no wires...no internet..

From my Chicago mobile I have repeatedly worked a Sunday morning net in Western PA ( a PEMA net) ...on 80 !!!! on that quite small antenna.

For 20 years I had used an ATAS antenna with the 706,  sadly the antenna housing oxidised tight and became unservicable. Tried a second antenna...it did the same.

The TARHEEL is fantastic and I do take it apart yearly.

pictures of the setup are available on my QRZ page ... midway down the page under " PA PICTURES CLICK HERE "