In a message dated 6/26/06 6:13:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I remember reading the results of a poll on K3WWP's website that indicated
>
> about 1/3 of cw folks used keyboards.

They didn't ask me! I don't use a keyboard for Morse.

 I wonder if during contests if you may

> have a higher percentage on keyboard making it a bit more difficult to slow
> down  (change settings) for the slower operators?

Contest keyboard operation is really all about using the function keys for
various parts of the exchange and logging. On FD this year at N3NZ we used
N3FJP's FD software (insert standard disclaimer HERE) and changing speed was a
matter of the up and down arrow keys.

> I sort of like my CW drawl and probably won't change much in the next few
> years.

Keyboards have their place - I know some older and disabled hams who can't
really use a key well anymore, but a keyboard lets them operate CW. That's a
good thing.

  But are many of you changing to keyboards?

Not until I have to!

I actually find it easier to use a bug. After 32 years, all I have to do is
think about what I want to send and it comes out of the Vibroplex. Or at least
it seems that way.

73 de Jim, N2EY