I have a CAD design for a replacement wooden top for the RS-35, -35M, and
VS-35M Astron supplies.  This top cover looks exactly like the factory
steel cover, uses the same mounting holes, and even has an exact duplicate
of the vent slots.
The material that worked out best was a HDF board.  It can be painted
easily in any color including the factory textured black.
The design is intended to be produced on a CNC machine like a full size
ShopBot, as were the several prototypes, which really turned out splendidly.
It of course solved the problem of the eddy currents in the steel lid,
which for this size Astron is too close to the field of the power
transformer.  These currents cause the acoustic noise.
I was planning on bringing this replacement top cover to the ham operator
market last year but I ran into production challenges.  It's simply too
costly to produce these, ship them, and sell at an acceptable cost even
ignoring making a worthwhile margin.

If someone has a better idea than mine for making these, I am all ears.

Steve KZ1X