On 4/24/2020 2:15 PM, Keith N6JPA wrote:

> You should purchase an Astron Switching power supply. They are well
> made and filtered properly. I use a SS-25M that has a fan that runs at
> times, but it is not too loud.

I use a SS-50M and "not too loud" is a matter of judgment.  It is
located on top of my power distribution rack, about 6 feet beside me and
2 feet above my head.  The fan kicks on every time any of my
transceivers goes into transmit mode in full power, which is distracting
as well as the fan noise gets picked up by the desk mic.  But it is far
more reliable than the MFJ supply that it replaced.

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

>From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon