Most email clients send both an html and a plain text component.  Some
lists strip the HTML and only display the plain text. Others can accept
HTML without a problem, for example Groups.io lists.  Using Mail for
Windows 10 with them works fine.

>From my limited research it seems Mail for Windows 10 only sends an HTML
component.  The Elecraft list software then appears to accept the email and
post the header, but not display any content.  Whether or not it then
generates an error message to the list owners I don't know.  It certainly
doesn't provide any 'bounce' notice to the sender.  Caveat: I have no
access to the list mechanisms, just a passing familiarity with having run a
few listservs at work.

Unless the list is capable of being re-configured (possibly with the '
*convert_html_to_plaintext* ' option?), I would urge some notice be given
to users that this list is incompatible with Mail for Windows 10, since
there does not appear to be any sort of error feedback other than that
provided by other users who let you know your message did not get through.
Doing so might also reduce the amount of "test" and empty-content messages
on the list.  Since Mail for Windows 10 is the default mail client for any
PC running Windows 10, the issue is unlikely to go away on it's own.

73 de Chuck, WS1L