This is why I transitioned from Windows to Linux Mint several months ago.

73 -- Lynn

On 6/7/20 1:44 PM, Grant Youngman wrote:
That would be a terrible way to handle updates.  If a user has set specific
parameters to meet their needs, Windows should simply leave them alone — unless
they no longer exist in the updated version, or their effect/context has
changed.  If macOS reset everything to defaults every time there was new
version, Apple would find my several Macs in front of the nearest Apple Store,
“kitted out” with a sledge hammer .. :-)

Grant NQ5T