From: "Don Wilhelm" <donw...@embarqmail.com>
To: "Barry" <k3...@comcast.net>; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: 6/10/2020 9:46:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 on motorboat.

Barry,

Sometimes we have to put on the Scientists hat, but when the rubber meets the
road and we have to come up with a product, we have to put on the design
engineers hat and say that how much compromise is required to meet 1) customer
demands, 2) budget constraints, 3) speed to first customer shipment, 4)
adherence to the initial specifications that have been published.
If you can meet 2 of the 4 above, you have done OK, 3 is better, but takes more
effort.

I worked both as a design engineer and as a Product Assurance Test Team Leader
whose efforts were to test the product to conform to the specifications or fix
it - an alternative was to change the specifications, which usually did not sit
well with me, but was reality.

73,
W3FPR