Good Evening,

Twenty meters was surprising.  Brian came on early with a very loud signal.  Dave and Roy were both weaker than normal.  Easy copy because the band was not as noisy.  John did have the noise of a storm covering him even though his signal was good too.  Jim had a great signal but was about to melt from 104 degree heat. His pool was calling him.

Forty meters was not like the last three weeks.  It had noise on it.  A storm well off in the distance, not the dead quiet of before.  The QSB had a 3 s-unit range but copy was good.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

K4TO - Dave - KY

K6XK - Roy - IA

NO8V - John - MI

W6JHB - Jim - CA

  On 7047.5 kHz at 0000z:

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

K6PJV - Dale - CA

WM5F - Dwight - ID

Between nets I went out on the deck.  It had warmed up enough for the butterflies to start working the clover.  One of them flew up into a fir tree.  That drew my eye to a smaller than normal hummingbird.  In shades of gray.  An immature hummingbird learning how to fly.  I'm not sure which species.  There are two here: Rufous and Anna's, both small, both colorful.  This one was a study by Ansel Adams, "Hummingbird in a shaft of light".  Maybe I can see it as it gains its adult plumage.

Until next week stay cool, drink your fluids, get on the air, 73

   Kevin.  KD5ONS

Do, or do not, there is no try.