Good Evening,

  Both bands had 4 S-unit QSB.  On twenty meters there was more noise on the inverted-V compared to the 1/4 wave vertical.  On forty meters the vertical had more noise.  The new antenna performed well bringing more signals out of the noise.

   The time change for forty meters helped too.  The signals were stronger but the QSB was deep.  But it was still too early; thirty minutes later would let the band improve.  I got email after the net from a few of you with ESP signal reports.  Previously, copy was impossible.  I'll keep testing to figure out when 40 meters is better.  Too late and the traffic nets begin.  Too early and the band is not awake.  Luckily the days are growing shorter.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

NO8V - John - MI

W0CZ - Ken - ND

K4TO - Dave - KY

K4JPN - Steve - GA

K6XK - Roy - IA

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

  On 7047.5 kHz at 0030z:

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

K4TO - Dave - KY

K6PJV - Dale - CA

W0CZ - Ken - ND

AC0E - Jim - KS

Weather was cooler, except for inland California and Georgia.  I can't imagine either place without air conditioning.  Here I had a space heater on low until noon.  I went out to water the plants soon after sunrise only to hear an elk bugling.  I don't think it's mating season but it was a nice morning.  Tomorrow I'm going to hike to my north to see if the coyotes have left any blackberries.  Active logging nearby may have kept them at bay.

  Until next week 73,

     Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

No one remembers Firesign Theater?  Sigh ...