From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of kevinr
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:20 PM
To: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>; elecraft...@groups.io
Subject: [Elecraft] New antenna works!

I just got done bushwhacking my new antenna up.  Three 1/4 wavelength legs cut
for 7100 kHz.  It's working as a 1/4 wave vertical with a ground plane of the
two legs.  I turned on my K3 and checked 40 meters. Only W1AW currently.  But
the new antenna matches on 20 meters too.  So I scanned around and heard N7CQR
running stations at 579.  I waited my turn and logged Dan as the first for the
new antenna.  I'm sure he is running either a KX3 or KX2.  He didn't mention
which.  So, new antenna works Elecraft rigs just fine.  Plus I knew who it was
halfway through his call :)  He is calling CQ SOTA on 14061.5 kHz if you need
another mountain in your log.

    73 & GL,

       Kevin.  KD5ONS

-