Hi john,

Correction of the frequency for HF/6 takes place at synthesizer/DSP level
(Elecraft has not answered my questions where exactly) and takes the frequency
deviation of the main TCXO into account. So this does not correct the TCXO
itself.

The 2 meter K144RFLK locks directly to the main TCXO. As said, this frequency
cannot be corrected.

The 2 meter transverter does not "communicate" with the rest of the K3 as well
so no correction on synthesizer/DSP level takes place and any TCXO frequency
deviation will show up on 2 meters.

The 800 Hz cannot be corrected.

You could change the TCXO by a more accurate one.

73 Henk

PA0C

Henk

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 2:21 PM +0200, "John Stengrevics"
<jstengrev...@comcast.net> wrote:

I am using an external reference to lock the K3S' frequency.  The resulting
frequency is 100% accurate on the low bands and on 6 meters.  However, on 2
meters, the frequency is approximately 800 Hz low.

The manual states that using an external reference will lock the frequency but
that it will be somewhat less accurate (not 800 Hz less accurate).  There is no
procedure given for calibration with an external reference oscillator.

I suppose I could play with the offset, but that seems hit or miss.  I would
appreciate any suggestions.

73,

John
WA1EAZ