I watched a few track presentations as well as all the sponsor events.
Elecraft’s were excellent.  I found most of the other companies presentations
to be much lower in quality.  One demonstration of a product was 30 minutes of
interface on a touchscreen that was unreadable and unfocused in the
presentation.

The overall virtual conference interface was unnecessarily over-animated and
thus slow over cell phone data streaming (I was camping at the time).  The
track videos I watched were better produced by the individual presenters than
most companies, and most had good technical advice to pique my interest.

Thanks to Elecraft for the opportunity to interface during the KX2 “X-Ray.”   I
am hearing impaired and was sincerely impressed that this company was willing
to look at the possibility of incorporating Bluetooth hearing aid connectivity
to their radios as a future opportunity for SSB.  The time-delay inherent in
Bluetooth for use with CW was something I never considered and I appreciated
the tech details provided.

Regarding the contest I will make no public statement regarding my
communications with the convention’s organizers.  There was, eventually, a
public posted comment that only ONE gamer was identified and removed.  During
the first few days of the post “live” session I intentionally acquired enough
points, playing the “game,” to be at least 3rd on the board for that day, but
never showed up.  So much for that.

Maybe Elecraft should simply host their own virtual event.  The only incentive
I need is to be a better Ham, both technically and operationally.

Keeping Watch-
shu

Joe Shuman, KE8KJZ