Yup....  When I did my alternator and battery upgrade (including a complete replacement of the power/ground cables with much heavier cable), for my stereo install, I discovered that very thing....  even in a TRUCK with a frame. I mapped out and installed massive ground continuity cables from every metal body part to the frame, and finished up by MEASURING the resistance from point to point all over the body, bed, cab, frame, and engine to insure that the entire ground plane was continuous and super low resistance.

Maybe overkill, but it works great, and it gives me comfort to know that vibration dampening and oxidation aren't compromising the counterpoise.

Side bonus, was that the 12VDC ground plane was so good afterwards, that I have been able to take out a lot of the home run grounds from a bunch of lights, et al... ofsetting weight gain by some bit.

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
(318) 518-1389