Of course it applies. Mother nature does not pay attention to what we CALL things. It is quite common for DC and mains power to carry AF and RF currents. That's how most noise is radiated -- as a common mode signal on cables connected to equipment that includes noise sources.

BTW -- as Vice-Chair of AES Standards Committee for 20 years, I HAVE studied this stuff extensively, along with colleagues around the world with excellent engineering chops.

73, Jim K9YC