My thanks to everybody.
It is rather overwhelming for just a Sunday afternoon of portable operation
in remote counties powered by the car.
I will really want to keep simple in those terms.

Reading through all this several times.  Thanks to all who contributed.

--
73 de Ted Edwards, W3TB and GØPWW

and thinking about operating CW:
"Do today what others won't,
so you can do tomorrow what others can't."