Mark
You can check the performance of your XV222 receiver amplifiers with only a
common voltmeter.

Take off the top cover of the transverter, check the voltage between TP2 and
ground (should be between 200 to 275 millivolts). That measures part of the
source voltage of Q3, the first receiver amplifier.

Find R16 (a 120 ohm resistor) and measure the voltage to ground on each side of
the resistor. One side should be 12 volts, the other should be about 5 volts.
That measures the series dropping resistor for U1, the second receiver
amplifier. R16 will normally be very warm to the touch.

If those measurements are correct, the problem is most likely elsewhere.

You can check the condition of the local oscillator by measuring the voltage
between TP1 and ground. It should be between 1.0 and 1.5 volts.

The part and test point locations are shown in the Transverter Owners Manual,
page A-4, available on the Elecraft web site.
Good luck!
73, Mike, W3IP

    On Thursday, September 17, 2020, 8:58:35 PM EDT, k2qo <msadam...@gmail.com>