To: "k2qo"
Sent: Friday September 25 2020 2:44:03PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] XV222 RX is Dead, Need Advice

Mark,

 Sorry about your failed effort. There is little in the RX path other
 than Q3 and U1 that is not also used in TX.

 If you have equipment that can do signal tracing at 222MHz, just
trace
 the signal path. There should be a significant increase in RF voltage

 at the output of Q3 and more at the output of U1. If not, check to be

 certain K1 has not been damaged. K1 should be available from Elecraft

 since it is used in the XV144 which is still in production.

 73,
 Don W3FPR

 On 9/25/2020 1:21 PM, k2qo wrote:
 > Don and gang,
 >
 > I replaced Q3, U1 and the ADEX mixer. Results? Transmit works FB as
before
 > and the RX still has no sensitivity. No change at all. I ran
through the
 > setup related to the RX section and one thing stands out.
 >
 > Part VIII: RX Input Alignment
 > Trimmer cap C1 has no effect on the AC voltage at the phone output
 > connector. This is the same result I had before replacing the 3
parts.

 > I think I may be down to signal tracing starting at the N
connector. But
 > without a list of test points and voltages, this may be a
nonproductive
 > PITA.

Links:
------