Mark,

Replacing those components will normally restore receive.

73
Don W3FPR

On 9/17/2020 8:57 PM, k2qo wrote:
During the recent September VHF contest I could only hear the absolute
strongest local stations on the XV222/K3 in my rover. It worked FB in June.
My XV432 worked just OK as usual. Stations told me I was the loudest signal
on the 222 band so the TX side is fine.

I put it on the bench and connected my Elecraft N-Gen. When turned on I
could barely detect an increase in noise. Tried the same on my XV432 and it
went from S0/1 to a solid S9.

I'm guessing that I somehow blew up U1 (an ERA6) and/or Q3 (an ATF 34143). I
don't have a good scope, RF generator, or RF voltmeter but kinda think
replacing both will fix my XV. A bad relay is an option too.