There are so many variables here that it kind of defies analysis.  First of all, the KX3 uses a BNC connector. Almost always, as you have done, connecting to a good load, that will handle some power, probably requires adapting to type N.  A reasonable load might be something like a NARDA 366NM which has a VSWR spec of 1.2:1.  I personally use a series of Narda 766 attenuators which are 1.1:1.  Adding a typical BNC to type N adapter, Pasternack PE9002, which is rated at 1.3:1.  (A lot of manufacturers like Amphenol don't even rate for VSWR)

Converting these two values to reflection coefficient, adding them (worst case) and converting back to VSWR gives 1.57:1. So the load could be the 1.5:1 that is measured.  But this is only a part of the issue.  The KX3 VSWR bridge has unknown directivity and sensitivity since it uses diodes at very low power.  Furthermore, it's not driven by a good 50 ohm source, the amplifier output is unknown and there is a BPF in the circuit.  At the output side there are at minimum some relays before getting to the output spigot.

In summary, I wouldn't worry about it. If you really want to know what the load Z (antenna) is, measure it with an appropriate instrument calibrated with known standards.

Wes  N7WS