I originally had some problems due to external software and macros I had created that used the PC command to set power for different modes.  The K3 stores the last power used per band when either in OP or STBY with the KPA1500, if you are getting the messages showing that the K3 recognizes the change in KPA operating mode then my only question is are you using any software or have macros that might be changing power without you knowing. I had to take all the PC commands out of my macros for safety.

If all you say is correct (not doubting) and you are getting the messages, not using any software or macros then only suggestion is to contact support.

de Dave K5MWR

On 10/18/2020 11:28, ockm...@gmail.com wrote:
YES, when switching the KPA1500 between OPER and STBY, the K3 displays the
messages "KPA500 OPERATE" and "KPA500 STANDBY", depending.

YES, the K3 is set CONFIG: POWER SET is Per Band.

YES, when in STBY on the KPA1500, I set the "no amp" power to 100 watts, and
when in OPER, I set drive level per band; usually less than 30 watts, which
gets close to the legal limit.

Still the same results as described below.

73 de Bruce, N7TY

Yuma, AZ

  <http://www.qsl.net/n7ty> www.qsl.net/n7ty

From: ockm...@gmail.com <ockm...@gmail.com>
Sent: October 18, 2020 06:32
To: 'elecraft@mailman.qth.net' <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: KPA1500 / K3 Mystery

I made a recent change to the "Band Change-> STBY" setting on the KPA1500,
changing from NO to YES.  I did this to ensure the AMP doesn't have any wild
SWR or PWR spikes before the ATU has a chance to "remember" it's setting
after a band change.

Issue:  When switching the AMP from OPER to STBY, the K3 is supposed to
switch from the drive power setting (~25 watts) in OPER, to 100 watts in
STBY, it does not, it remains at the drive power setting.  I am 99% sure I
have all the cabling and settings set correctly in the K3 and KPA1500.  I
went through and manually reset the power settings on each band to let the
K3 and KPA1500 "re-learn" the change made, however, still no joy.

Jim, W6YA, and I have been going back and forth, however neither of us have
had any luck.

Do you KPA1500/K3 owners out there have any ideas or suggestions?

73 de Bruce, N7TY

Yuma, AZ

www.qsl.net/n7ty <http://www.qsl.net/n7ty>

Message delivered to do...@suddenlink.net