Petr, I have exactly the same issue here, seems to be with keyer, and I have
a new paddle from Elecraft

Especially with the right dah key I have inadvertent dits generated before
and sometimes after a correct T send.

I often get a R or N, and it is very annoying. I have tried FW reload and
stronger springs to no avail.

It seems the KX3 keyer has a mind of its own and cannot generate clean cw.

Let me know if you find a solution please ?

73

A.Fewster

I've been using KX3 for some time now and still have some problems

with CW keying. I'm using squeeze keying Curtis A. In the KX3 menu,

there is selected A squeeze mode but during the QSO, it seems that the

B is still enabled. The internal keyer very often adds dash, sometimes

dot. It's horrible, because of that, I have to use an external keyer

(TinyKeyer by Martin, OK1RR).

It seems the problem is not with the paddle, I tried to use two

paddles - Mercury N2DAN paddle from Bencher and Electraft Hexkey

paddle. Still the same result. It's really annoying because when I

operate from portable, I have to take care also about external keyer.

What could be the problem? KX3 SN is 7742 with latest firmware

installed.

I love CW (HSC, CWOPS, FOC) and this keying issue is the only thing I

don't like on my KX3.

Thanks for your help

73 Petr, OK2CQR