Well, I opened the KX3, removed the top/bottom flex connector and the battery connector to give best

access to J9 with the bottom removed and put aside.

I cleaned up a fine iron, and re-soldered the four J9 connections to PCB, leaving the paddle fixed in place.

I put it all back together, and now the paddle send is perfect, better than expected.

So as others have found, the J9 solder connections to the PCB were flawed..

Happy Camper here now.

73

Adrian Fewster