Hmmm. I've never had that problem. Are you sure you're using the latest release? How it responds does, indeed, vary with how an email reflector is set. For this reflector, if the post is only to the reflector, it gives me the choice of Reflector or Sender. If, as you did, you responded to the Reflector AND to me, I get the choice of Reply, which goes to you, or Reply All, which goes to both you and the Reflector.

FWIW, when someone replies to a Reflector of which I'm a member, I consider a second copy to me as spam.

73, Jim K9YC