Actually, it's a bit variable, Mozilla has a penchant for nit noy changes to the UI with each update.  My Tbird is 78.6.0 [32-bit], it updated a couple of days ago.  I did "Reply List" for this message and it is addressed only to the Elecraft List.  That's different behavior than before the update.  For example, for quite awhile, additional addresses were in a list format, one under another, and each line could be a To, CC, or Bcc.  Now, they just continue on the To: line.

It seems that there is really no alternative to paying attention to what you're doing and how the program is responding.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County