I took the Amateur Extra Class license test today in San Angelo, TX.  This
has been one of my New's Year's Resolution over the past couple of years.
When we left on vacation this year for the mountatins of New Mexico, I
took a copy of the question pool & spent some time studying.  I wasn't
ready but I had already registered & paid my money so I decided to drive
down to San Angelo & take the test for the "practice."  Well, I passed
with an 84 & I'm thrilled & this will upgrade me from Advanced to Amateur
Extra. (Now I need to qualify on W1AW for 20 wpm CW copy)

At 58, I decided to go ahead & do this 'cuz I know my brain is not getting
any better....so no time like the present.

During my prep, I took the 800+ questions & went through them
"highlighting" the correct answers in "yellow."  Then I went back worked
on the mathematical questons placing the formula on the Q&A Pool printout.

We got back from vacation before I had time to go through & review all of
the questions again.  This morning, I drove down to San Angelo early &
spent about an hour & half reviewing some of the mathematical solutions
again.

The test had 50 questions, and I was finished in about an hour.

===============a little history==================
I passed my Novice in 1960 at the age of 12 under the elmership of K5QWT &
K5SBU
I passed my General on my 13th birthday, Sept. 9 1960.  Back then we
memorized schematics!
I passed my Advanced ticket in the late 1970's.

Hats off to you guys that passed the Extra Class ticket back in the days
when you had to copy & send 20 wpm CW, too

Now to get back to work on K2 & upgrade it from an "A" to a "B."

73,
Lynn - K5AVJ

PS.  All I used was the ARRL Amateur Extra Class License Manual & an extra
copy of the Q&A pool.  Additional help is available from various websites.
 Go for it!
http://www.remote.arrl.org/arrlvec/pools.html