On 1/15/2021 4:09 PM, Gwen Patton wrote:
I had to do this, too, on my KX3. I had to open it up and use a lockpick to
push the broken tip out from the back of the jack.

For almost 30 years, I've served on international Standards Working Groups (of the Audio Engineering Society Standards Committee) with representatives of the world's two manufacturers of quality audio connectors, Switchcraft (US) and Neutrik (EU). In our meetings, both have recounted problems they have with counterfeit versions of connectors produced in China. I'm also a member of the Working Group on Microphones, and major mic manufacturers have long had the same problem with their products.

Among the defects of the counterfeit connectors are 1) lousy construction, so that they fall apart and 2) they don't conform to the physical size definitions of the Standard for the part they claim to be.

As long as 20 years ago, I was reading about counterfeit fasteners causing problems for aircraft manufacturers.

73, Jim K9YC